Process for affiliation
If you would like to affiliate your HEMA club to the Academy of Historical Arts, then this is the process we will follow.
- Please read our general information about affiliating your club, and contact us if you have any questions or to let us know that you would like to go ahead with affiliation.
- Please write a short description of your club (preferably no more than 150 words) for inclusion in the Groups section on our website. Please also provide any contact information (by which we mean a website, a Facebook page, and suchlike; we’d rather not put email addresses or personal phone numbers online) and a club logo. Furthermore, please let us know if your club is located within any of the regions already listed, or if you are located in a new region of the country. This information should all be provided to us by email.
- We will set you up with a page on the website.
- We will also set you up with a secure Google Drive folder through which we can exchange membership information.
- You should fill out the spreadsheet with membership details for all your club members, purchase the memberships through our online shop, and inform us that you have done so.
- We will arrange the individual insurance policies with our insurer and will add the insurance policy numbers to the membership spreadsheet for you.
Once your club is listed on our website, and once you have sent membership details and payment for the current members of your club, you can consider your club fully affiliated to our organisation.
Whenever you gain new members, you should send us the membership details through the secure Google Drive folder, send payment, and we will arrange the insurance policies accordingly.
Please note that we are in the process of updating, automating, and generally streamlining all of this. It is our goal to have a much more automatic process in place by the end of the year.