If you are involved with running a club or society that studies the historical arts then you can affiliate your club to our organisation. The process is relatively simple and painless, and there are several benefits to affiliation:
– advertising for your group through the Academy website.
– access to advice and help with marketing, fundraising, lesson planning, teaching and recruiting from the senior instructors and administrators of the Academy.
– access to our organisation’s insurance cover for your club’s educational activities.
– club members become eligible for discounts for purchases through the Academy’s shop.
– club members become eligible for discounted attendance fees for Academy events.
We are working to improve the club-management services offered through our website, to reduce the day-to-day paperwork and administrative burden for club officials. Hopefully our club-management services will be a welcome tool and aid to affiliated clubs!
It is the Academy’s goal to make the hands-on study of the historical arts as safe and professional as possible, while remaining as open and accessible to as many people as possible. As a result, there are a few requirements that affiliated clubs must meet:
– the club must meet the Academy’s health and safety regulations (and may choose exceed them).
– the club must have a uniform requirement, to present a professional appearance.
– the club must have a constitution document, which must include a suitable termination clause.
For more information about the process of affiliation your club to the Academy, please contact us to discuss the matter in more depth.