With any organisational undertaking, there always appears a sea of policies and paperwork. We want to help our affiliated clubs with the admin overhead, and so we provide some codified policies and other paperwork in conveniently downloadable documents.
It is one of our objectives to make the study of history accessible. To this end, we want to help clubs reduce the burden of paperwork so that more time and energy can be spent doing what instructors want to be doing, rather than writing a club’s own policies from the ground up.
These pages and documents are intended to provide more information about our policies, how we expect certain issues to be addressed, what we will or will not support as an organisation, and what we look for in terms of “good practice” in running and operating a club, society, or school.
Health and Safety
- AHA Child Protection Policy
- AHA Data Protection Policy
- AHA Digital Media Policy
- AHA Raffles Policy
- Practising in Public and Private Spaces
- Weapons and Scottish Law
Documents and Forms
- Blank club constitution (.pdf format)
- Blank club constitution (.docx format)
Club Risk Assessments
- Blank club risk assessment form (.docx format)
- Blank AHA risk assessment form (.docx format)
- Example: Liverpool HEMA risk assessment (.pdf format)
- Guidance for writing a risk assessment (web page)